Field Equipment Check-out
Rentals are provided at no charge by the GPS Division. Please contact me if you would like to rent the equipment for research or class use.
If you have a personal laptop and would like to request a temporary license for field work please contact Jay Dickson.
Software Included on All Laptops:
- Windows XP OS
- Mapsource (Comes with USB/Serial interface cord for connecting to GPS Units)
- NOTE: Maps must be downloaded prior to trip. Mapsource data CD's do not leave the lab.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
Please do NOT:
- Install ANY software
- Use instant messaging
- Share files/folders
- Download email to the hard drive
- Click on hyperlinks in emails from unknown sources
- Disable the Windows Firewall or Norton Anti-Virus
- Change/Disable ZoneAlarm Firewall settings.
- Change any Windows networking settings.
Laptop Check-out Guidelines:
- All laptops must be carry-on luggage when you are traveling.
- Laptop batteries (including spare) may not be fully charged upon check out.
- Place all data on the D:\ drive in a folder with your name.
- Please backup all of your data before returning the equipment. User data will be deleted upon return of any laptop or GPS unit.
- Please use care when taking these to the field. Normal wear and tear is expected.
- Please report any problems upon return.
- Be sure to set Units and Coordinates systems to what you want and avoid changing them midway through taking waypoints.
- Mapsource maps must be downloaded prior to trip. Mapsource data CD's do not leave the lab.
- Users are responsible for downloading waypoints before returning them to the lab.
- Data on units are deleted upon return.
Please contact Mark Garcia with any questions